Wednesday 21 October 2020

"Still Crazy After All These Years"

The relevant song can be found at Still Crazy After All These Years.  To keep doing the same thing but expecting a different result is popularly described as a sign of madness.

Each time I am asked to accompany my wife Eleni to a meeting about our son John's care/education/welfare etc., I think this time could be different. Perhaps we will have a rational, respectful discussion where I will be able to make some constructive contribution. But most often, sooner or later it turns into quite the opposite. This make me feel as if I'm being subjected to some fiendish kind of torture that make me want to start screaming. Then afterwards it takes me 3 or 4 days to get back to some kind of balance where I can get on with the rest of life. When you feel like you are banging your head against a wall, doesn't it make sense to just stop?

1 comment:

  1. Well, if you really want to make some constructive contribution, I believe you should keep trying. You cannot control what the other people do, you can only control what YOU do.

    ReplyDelete

Excavations in the Midden-Heap of my Memory

 And now for something completely different My secondary school was Morgan Academy, Dundee.  In my class there were two people who later bec...